Monday, July 20, 2009

Hola from Harlingen!

Amigos! I have been shipped down to South Texas by school to fulfill an entire 2 week rotation. Luckily, I was blessed to be scheduled with my good buddy, Lex.

So really...it is almost like a mini vacation.
We are sharing a semi-nice apartment building quite close to the Harlingen clinic, known as Su Clinica Familiar. Our apartment has no TV :( but has wireless internet :)

Here is already a conversation between a patient and me on the very first day....

me: Hola, sir!
patient: You know espanol?
me: Not even poquito!
patient: You not Mexican girl?
me: No, sir.
patient: You look like Mexican girl. You should know espanol!
me: But, I'm not.....
patient: What are you?
me: I'm white. Blanco.
patient: No, you look like Mexican girl.

Frustating.
Just open your mouth, mister, and let this white girl get to work---now that's what I should have said.

1 comment:

  1. HAhahahah you tell 'em, Candace!! I expect some tales from your days down south....

    ReplyDelete